March Update
Lets see. Since my last post we had christmas, new years, TK started nursery, had a baby and... that's right we had our little girl!!!!! :D hahaha Will start with the old stuff.
Christmas was wonderful. It snowed the week of christmas, but come christmas day it was slowly melting. TK and daddy played in the snow while mommy watched and took photos. Tristin made sure to make santa some cookies and leave out carrots for the reindeer. as for presents, you could tell that he is very loved by the family. We were able to skype with everyone and do present opening (somewhat). It was nice since we couldn't be with them all.
New Years.... totally forgot about it. We did do a countdown. But there were no streamers, noise makers and what not. I know we are no fun hahahaha.
Nursery (school)....TK started nursery and swimming lessons in January. He's enjoying it very much. Its a nice break for mommy to get some quite, run errands and what not. With Makaela being here now it's a time to just bond with her. :) I do wish that he could leave behind the habits of the other kids. But that's a hurdle we are dealing with day to day. Hopefully we can get over it soon because mommy is about to loose her mind. haha
Makaela.... She of course proved herself to be my daughter. We went past our due date. She was breach for a day. We were scheduled to have her turned, went in and got hooked up. The Dr put the ultra sound on to see where she was and she had moved all on her own. hahaha She didn't stop there with her debut into the world :) With an induction scheduled for Jan. 28th, she was starting to make me worry. I was not thrilled about being induced again. On Jan. 21st I started to have some regular contractions. The few nights before I'd have some good ones that would come and go by morning. At 1am I had regular contractions that were 10 minutes apart. So I did squats, went for a walk at the commissary, drank some raspberry tea, ate spicy food and had a "talk" with my husband. The contraction at one point went away during the day, but came back around midnight. I was up the entire night as they got stronger and moved from 10 to 5 minutes apart. At 5am on the 22nd after calling Labor and Delivery, I woke up shane to let him know it was time to get going. I took a shower and we got ready to go. We dropped TK off at a friends and then went to the hospital. It was 7am as we walked in. They took my vitals and Dr. Norcross checked me. I was at 5cm. They took me into my labor room and started to get me hooked up to an IV (for the strep B antibiotics) and get things set up to break my water. Dr. checked me again and I was 6cm (this was about 10 min after we walked into the hospital) and then broke my water She attached an internal monitor for baby since the one that goes over the belly could not keep an accurate lock on Makaela. Contractions of course got stronger. At one point I had a "good" contraction and looked at shane and said wow that one hurt. Right then, the nurses ran in and were yelling at me to move and do this and that. Apparently Makaela's heart rate disappeared. This would be okay if i was on the regular monitor since when a baby moves, the monitor has to be moved to find the baby. But with the internal, it is attached directly to the babies head. After a lot of moving, we got the HR back. WHEH! They said she might have the cord around her neck and a bunch of other reasons and to possibly ready myself for an emergency C-section. At this point I had an oxygen mask on and of course was scared. Shane was marvelous and held my hand. Not sure how much time went by, but contractions got a little stronger. Dr. Norcross came in again to check me and I was 7cm. She told me how great I was doing and that things were moving pretty fast and baby should be here soon. If I felt the need to push to call the nurse. As she walked out the door, the urge came. She came in and checked me. I was 8cm, but not ready to push. She stayed in the room. That's when the atmosphere changed. Things hurt like you wouldn't believe. Lets just say I became the lady in the movies making all the noise! If my mom was there, she would have smacked me. She said it before I was ever pregnant that there is never a need to scream that much. LOL sorry mom, but I couldn't keep my screams in. Poor shane went deaf that day. Dr. Norcross was amazing. she stayed in the room and tried to help me and shane try different things to ease the pain. Sitting on the edge of the bed, lying on my side, sitting on the toilet and then squatting next to the bed. This was the last thing I tried. At some point I had lost my gown and for some reason was in my birthday suit...haha talk about uncomfortable awkwardness! They aren't kidding when they say you loose all privacy when having a baby. There were a few other awkward moments, but those are for mine and shane's memory hahaha. After what seemed like a lifetime, I was checked. I was still at 8cm. I was done. I asked for the drugs and luckily was able to get them. It seemed like the drug dr took forever to get into my room. I was on the bed, still screaming and crying for the drugs. When she came in (after what shane said was 5 min of waiting...yeah right, longest 5 min of my life!) she had to explain the risks and such. I made her laugh when I told her..."I know everything I had one last time..you can just give me the drugs." Of course she still had me sign the paper and listen..booo! I can tell you that the contractions didn't hurt as bad when I was concentrating on the pain that I thought the stabbing of the needle would bring. Which it did not hurt this time. OMG I love that stuff...lol I was only given a small dosage since I was 8cm. They also gave me another drug that made my face itch so bad. As she was about to tell me about it, I started to scratch my face. I thought it was because of the oxygen mask..but nope. man did that suck. shane was laughing at me. lol As soon as I laid down after getting the epi, Dr. checked me and I was 9cm. All I needed to do was relax I guess. She asked shane if he would like to hold a leg as I pushed. lol he said no. She looked at him kinda funny. Those of you who know shane, know that is no big surprise. After 30 min of pushing, our little Makaela was born. Dr. asked if shane would like to cut the cord...again he declined..and again weird looks. Poor guy! hahaha. She was born at 11:43am, weighed 7lbs 12oz and was 20 1/4 long. What a big girl. Bigger then her brother. Dr. Norcross looked at me and told me that I could not/should not have a baby bigger then her. She also told me that all the pain and pressure I was having was because Makaela had turned at some point. So they also had to make sure her shoulder and collar bone were okay. After all that funness, we had our little girl. :D We spent 48hrs recovering. Well I wouldn't say recovering. I could have gone home that day, but they had to keep Makaela for 48hours because of the strep B I had to make sure she was okay. Poor shane had to sleep on one of those crappy chairs that fold out to a bed. I offered half my bed, but he wouldn't take it. My overall experience was great. I had a wonderful doctor, nursing staff and great husband. The post partum team was great as well. I got me some good sleep a few times. The food, almost made me want to stay there forever. haha
We are melding great as a family. TK is happy to be a big brother. Always introducing Makaela to people. He's a great big brother. Makaela is starting to coo and smile now. Wanting to stay awake more during the day to play. She's just great! :D
Shane.... finally had to leave us a week ago. You could tell he didn't want to the morning he left. Kept giving us kisses and drawing out the goodbye :D He's amazing. Right now he's in Florida for 7lvl school. He'll be gone for a couple of weeks and then home for a few. Then he'll leave to DC for a trip for a couple of days. He might get to meet Rory while there. lucky duck! As for deployment. Still no word, but preparing for summer. He wants to go to Afghan and I'd like him to go back to Iraq. I'm extremely nervous for this deployment. sigh comes with the territory of being a military wife...and EOD wife. I love my husband!
Me....well I had a baby. hahaha At 3wks I was back to pre-prego weight. YAY..kinda. I still have to get my body back to normal and I'd like to get down to Pre-Tristin weight. Now at 6wks I can go to the gym. And very much plan to. :)
So that's the low down of the past month or so. It's been amazing little adventure.
Christmas was wonderful. It snowed the week of christmas, but come christmas day it was slowly melting. TK and daddy played in the snow while mommy watched and took photos. Tristin made sure to make santa some cookies and leave out carrots for the reindeer. as for presents, you could tell that he is very loved by the family. We were able to skype with everyone and do present opening (somewhat). It was nice since we couldn't be with them all.
New Years.... totally forgot about it. We did do a countdown. But there were no streamers, noise makers and what not. I know we are no fun hahahaha.
Nursery (school)....TK started nursery and swimming lessons in January. He's enjoying it very much. Its a nice break for mommy to get some quite, run errands and what not. With Makaela being here now it's a time to just bond with her. :) I do wish that he could leave behind the habits of the other kids. But that's a hurdle we are dealing with day to day. Hopefully we can get over it soon because mommy is about to loose her mind. haha
Makaela.... She of course proved herself to be my daughter. We went past our due date. She was breach for a day. We were scheduled to have her turned, went in and got hooked up. The Dr put the ultra sound on to see where she was and she had moved all on her own. hahaha She didn't stop there with her debut into the world :) With an induction scheduled for Jan. 28th, she was starting to make me worry. I was not thrilled about being induced again. On Jan. 21st I started to have some regular contractions. The few nights before I'd have some good ones that would come and go by morning. At 1am I had regular contractions that were 10 minutes apart. So I did squats, went for a walk at the commissary, drank some raspberry tea, ate spicy food and had a "talk" with my husband. The contraction at one point went away during the day, but came back around midnight. I was up the entire night as they got stronger and moved from 10 to 5 minutes apart. At 5am on the 22nd after calling Labor and Delivery, I woke up shane to let him know it was time to get going. I took a shower and we got ready to go. We dropped TK off at a friends and then went to the hospital. It was 7am as we walked in. They took my vitals and Dr. Norcross checked me. I was at 5cm. They took me into my labor room and started to get me hooked up to an IV (for the strep B antibiotics) and get things set up to break my water. Dr. checked me again and I was 6cm (this was about 10 min after we walked into the hospital) and then broke my water She attached an internal monitor for baby since the one that goes over the belly could not keep an accurate lock on Makaela. Contractions of course got stronger. At one point I had a "good" contraction and looked at shane and said wow that one hurt. Right then, the nurses ran in and were yelling at me to move and do this and that. Apparently Makaela's heart rate disappeared. This would be okay if i was on the regular monitor since when a baby moves, the monitor has to be moved to find the baby. But with the internal, it is attached directly to the babies head. After a lot of moving, we got the HR back. WHEH! They said she might have the cord around her neck and a bunch of other reasons and to possibly ready myself for an emergency C-section. At this point I had an oxygen mask on and of course was scared. Shane was marvelous and held my hand. Not sure how much time went by, but contractions got a little stronger. Dr. Norcross came in again to check me and I was 7cm. She told me how great I was doing and that things were moving pretty fast and baby should be here soon. If I felt the need to push to call the nurse. As she walked out the door, the urge came. She came in and checked me. I was 8cm, but not ready to push. She stayed in the room. That's when the atmosphere changed. Things hurt like you wouldn't believe. Lets just say I became the lady in the movies making all the noise! If my mom was there, she would have smacked me. She said it before I was ever pregnant that there is never a need to scream that much. LOL sorry mom, but I couldn't keep my screams in. Poor shane went deaf that day. Dr. Norcross was amazing. she stayed in the room and tried to help me and shane try different things to ease the pain. Sitting on the edge of the bed, lying on my side, sitting on the toilet and then squatting next to the bed. This was the last thing I tried. At some point I had lost my gown and for some reason was in my birthday suit...haha talk about uncomfortable awkwardness! They aren't kidding when they say you loose all privacy when having a baby. There were a few other awkward moments, but those are for mine and shane's memory hahaha. After what seemed like a lifetime, I was checked. I was still at 8cm. I was done. I asked for the drugs and luckily was able to get them. It seemed like the drug dr took forever to get into my room. I was on the bed, still screaming and crying for the drugs. When she came in (after what shane said was 5 min of waiting...yeah right, longest 5 min of my life!) she had to explain the risks and such. I made her laugh when I told her..."I know everything I had one last time..you can just give me the drugs." Of course she still had me sign the paper and listen..booo! I can tell you that the contractions didn't hurt as bad when I was concentrating on the pain that I thought the stabbing of the needle would bring. Which it did not hurt this time. OMG I love that stuff...lol I was only given a small dosage since I was 8cm. They also gave me another drug that made my face itch so bad. As she was about to tell me about it, I started to scratch my face. I thought it was because of the oxygen mask..but nope. man did that suck. shane was laughing at me. lol As soon as I laid down after getting the epi, Dr. checked me and I was 9cm. All I needed to do was relax I guess. She asked shane if he would like to hold a leg as I pushed. lol he said no. She looked at him kinda funny. Those of you who know shane, know that is no big surprise. After 30 min of pushing, our little Makaela was born. Dr. asked if shane would like to cut the cord...again he declined..and again weird looks. Poor guy! hahaha. She was born at 11:43am, weighed 7lbs 12oz and was 20 1/4 long. What a big girl. Bigger then her brother. Dr. Norcross looked at me and told me that I could not/should not have a baby bigger then her. She also told me that all the pain and pressure I was having was because Makaela had turned at some point. So they also had to make sure her shoulder and collar bone were okay. After all that funness, we had our little girl. :D We spent 48hrs recovering. Well I wouldn't say recovering. I could have gone home that day, but they had to keep Makaela for 48hours because of the strep B I had to make sure she was okay. Poor shane had to sleep on one of those crappy chairs that fold out to a bed. I offered half my bed, but he wouldn't take it. My overall experience was great. I had a wonderful doctor, nursing staff and great husband. The post partum team was great as well. I got me some good sleep a few times. The food, almost made me want to stay there forever. haha
We are melding great as a family. TK is happy to be a big brother. Always introducing Makaela to people. He's a great big brother. Makaela is starting to coo and smile now. Wanting to stay awake more during the day to play. She's just great! :D
Shane.... finally had to leave us a week ago. You could tell he didn't want to the morning he left. Kept giving us kisses and drawing out the goodbye :D He's amazing. Right now he's in Florida for 7lvl school. He'll be gone for a couple of weeks and then home for a few. Then he'll leave to DC for a trip for a couple of days. He might get to meet Rory while there. lucky duck! As for deployment. Still no word, but preparing for summer. He wants to go to Afghan and I'd like him to go back to Iraq. I'm extremely nervous for this deployment. sigh comes with the territory of being a military wife...and EOD wife. I love my husband!
Me....well I had a baby. hahaha At 3wks I was back to pre-prego weight. YAY..kinda. I still have to get my body back to normal and I'd like to get down to Pre-Tristin weight. Now at 6wks I can go to the gym. And very much plan to. :)
So that's the low down of the past month or so. It's been amazing little adventure.

Comments
Post a Comment