Trip to the States
Not only did we get Shane home safely, but we also received Makaela's passport. We hurried and booked a flight out to Florida so we could attend the 42nd EOD Memorial and Ball. Waking up to head to the airport sucked. Made me wish we lived in Wichita where we were only 30 min from the airport. The kids did great on the flight over. Makaela didn't like daddy much, so I had to hold her the entire 9 hour flight. Needless to say at the end of the day I was bushed! We connected in Atlanta and then flew into Pensacola, Fl. Our rental car was a Chrysler Town and Country (mini van). It was a dream! When it's time to get a new vehicle, we will definitely look at a mini-van. Our condo was right on the top floor with a beach view. Tk had his own room and shower and loved it! While in the states we ate at Waffle House, Sonic, FudPuckers, McGuire's Irish Pub, Hard Rock Cafe, Joe's Crab Shack, Krispy Kreme and Cold Stone. Tristin's favorite places were Waffle House (for the waffle's of course) and FudPucker's (because he held one of the baby alligators). At McGuire's TK was intrigued by the Dollar bill's hanging all over the ceiling and walls. The best part of that night was when TK fell asleep while eating his food. Funniest moment ever!
We got to hang out with the Farley's for a few days while there. TK wouldn't stop pestering us the first few days while we waited for them to get there. He was more then excited to see them. We really enjoyed their company and can't wait to see them again :)
Playing on the beach a few and far between. It was cold and chilly our first day there. The next day we spent a good 2 hours on the beach. Shane and I got sun burnt. My burn was very odd as in it looked like I was painted by Picasso. The next day was spent dress shopping and pedicures for the ladies and then Mini-golf for the gentlemen. Found my dress in the first store. It is gorgeous. Pedicures was a different story. I made the mistake of asking for the ultimate. They place your feet in hot wax. Hot wax + sun burnt feet = very painful. The chair I was in was broken, the guy doing my toes was a bit creepy but I've got pretty toes. First professional pedicure in over a year. One of the days on the beach we saw a blue jelly fish, a crab and some tiny shells that burry back into the sand when the wave crash over them. Our last day was spent in doors because of the rain.
EOD events: First night was the auction. There were several things for auction including blankets made by EOD wives, a wine made specifically for EOD, an EOD gun and many many other things. The next day was the EOD memorial and ball. Both of which I didn't get to fully experience, unfortunately. At the memorial, Makaela started to get fussy when it started so I to get up. While waiting in the back, I did watch a few guys drop out because of either dehydration or something else. Tristin-Kye I guess passed out on Whitney's lap. After the ceremony was over, we hurried out so we could change. That night Shane, Makaela and myself went to the ball. We left TK with a friend of a friend. Her husband is still in school and they have a 3 yr. Tristin-Kye had a blast. They wore him out I know because the second he got in the car, he passed out! Makaela was good at the ball. Unfortunately because lugging a carseat around in a ball gown isn't ideal I just hung out at our table. Shane was able to mingle and have a good time. We did get a picture taken, but I know I will look like crap just because of having to stand in line outside the event made my hair go flat. I was able to meet a few ladies within my EOD Wives FB group, so that was nice. Shane and I both agreed that the next time we attend the festivities, we will leave the kids.
Our flight back to England was dreadful. The first flight was quick and painless. While eating in the International Terminal we saw Vigo Mortenson walking by. He was walking fairly quick as I'm sure he didn't want to be noticed. The second time he walked by Shane saw him. We boarded our plane and we set to go. Unfortunately makaela was not a happy camper. We had to sit on the tarmack for an hour because of some mechanical light that came on. We pulled back to the age and sat for another 2 hours. All the while makaela went from happy to grumpy, happy to grumpy. We finally took off and the first 2-3 hours we dealt with a grumpy baby. After finally getting ms. grumpy pants asleep I handed her off to shane where she stayed the rest of the flight, passed out! The flight seemed long because our personal players were broken. TK's kept shutting off ever few minutes. Mine was glitchy and didn't work. Shane's worked just fine though. We finally landed in England and de-boarded. We spent another hour going through customs and then another 2 hours spent in the car drive home. We are finally unpacked, have gotten some sleep and are glad to be in our own beds.
We got to hang out with the Farley's for a few days while there. TK wouldn't stop pestering us the first few days while we waited for them to get there. He was more then excited to see them. We really enjoyed their company and can't wait to see them again :)
Playing on the beach a few and far between. It was cold and chilly our first day there. The next day we spent a good 2 hours on the beach. Shane and I got sun burnt. My burn was very odd as in it looked like I was painted by Picasso. The next day was spent dress shopping and pedicures for the ladies and then Mini-golf for the gentlemen. Found my dress in the first store. It is gorgeous. Pedicures was a different story. I made the mistake of asking for the ultimate. They place your feet in hot wax. Hot wax + sun burnt feet = very painful. The chair I was in was broken, the guy doing my toes was a bit creepy but I've got pretty toes. First professional pedicure in over a year. One of the days on the beach we saw a blue jelly fish, a crab and some tiny shells that burry back into the sand when the wave crash over them. Our last day was spent in doors because of the rain.
EOD events: First night was the auction. There were several things for auction including blankets made by EOD wives, a wine made specifically for EOD, an EOD gun and many many other things. The next day was the EOD memorial and ball. Both of which I didn't get to fully experience, unfortunately. At the memorial, Makaela started to get fussy when it started so I to get up. While waiting in the back, I did watch a few guys drop out because of either dehydration or something else. Tristin-Kye I guess passed out on Whitney's lap. After the ceremony was over, we hurried out so we could change. That night Shane, Makaela and myself went to the ball. We left TK with a friend of a friend. Her husband is still in school and they have a 3 yr. Tristin-Kye had a blast. They wore him out I know because the second he got in the car, he passed out! Makaela was good at the ball. Unfortunately because lugging a carseat around in a ball gown isn't ideal I just hung out at our table. Shane was able to mingle and have a good time. We did get a picture taken, but I know I will look like crap just because of having to stand in line outside the event made my hair go flat. I was able to meet a few ladies within my EOD Wives FB group, so that was nice. Shane and I both agreed that the next time we attend the festivities, we will leave the kids.
Our flight back to England was dreadful. The first flight was quick and painless. While eating in the International Terminal we saw Vigo Mortenson walking by. He was walking fairly quick as I'm sure he didn't want to be noticed. The second time he walked by Shane saw him. We boarded our plane and we set to go. Unfortunately makaela was not a happy camper. We had to sit on the tarmack for an hour because of some mechanical light that came on. We pulled back to the age and sat for another 2 hours. All the while makaela went from happy to grumpy, happy to grumpy. We finally took off and the first 2-3 hours we dealt with a grumpy baby. After finally getting ms. grumpy pants asleep I handed her off to shane where she stayed the rest of the flight, passed out! The flight seemed long because our personal players were broken. TK's kept shutting off ever few minutes. Mine was glitchy and didn't work. Shane's worked just fine though. We finally landed in England and de-boarded. We spent another hour going through customs and then another 2 hours spent in the car drive home. We are finally unpacked, have gotten some sleep and are glad to be in our own beds.

Comments
Post a Comment