Over View of the last few months.
Okay so I haven't been on here since November. Sorry everyone! We'll try to catch you all up on the last few months.
November and December~
The kids and I came home from our long trip in the states. Although the guys here had my cars ready for us when we arrived, the cars decided they weren't happy with the long wait of not being used. We had to buy a new battery for the highlander. After 3 or 4 trips to the store we finally got the right size. Why did it take that many trips? Well the didn't have the actual battery for my car, but had several others that were recommended. To make this task even more fun, the registration on the car had expired, so i couldn't drive the car onto base to where the store was so they could get the right one in the first go around. I had to grab one, drive home, put it in the car. It took 3-4 trips. I also had an adventure trying to get the registration for the car, but I wont go into that. lol Once I got the highland all set up, I parked the jag, for a day. One of the guys asked to borrow the jag and I was going to let him. That was until he got in and the Jag would not start. Yup, perfect timing I would have to say.
As for the holidays.... The day we arrived back in England, the Squadron had a thanksgiving feast. We stopped by and had some grub. 1. so we wouldn't go home and fall asleep. We had arrived at 8am that day. 2. Being gone from home, the food in the pantry kind of goes bad. So, we had a free meal and I didn't have to run to the commissary to get us some food for a day. :) I'm trying for the life of me to remember what we did for thanksgiving. I do know that I did not get enough turkey this year to quench the Turkey cravings. December was pretty busy with some parties. We had the squadron party, the shop party and then a little christmas eve dinner. I disliked having christmas without shane, but we managed. We spread the gift opening through out the whole day so we could celebrate with the family back in the states. That was really hard for Tristin and I'm so proud of him. We did get to talk to shaner so that was very nice. We had dinner at one of the family's house. The kids enjoyed themselves as did I :).
January~
This was the last stretch before Shane came home. TK went back to school. They sure did miss him and he was more then thrilled to be back. I think more so because he got to see kayhl and the twins. :) We had a few of our guys deploying and a few families leaving. We were quite busy the few weeks before shane got home. The day shane came home was, well unless you've been through the whole "homecoming" it's hard to explain how that day really feels. I think I could compare it to a kid on Christmas Eve. Yeah I think that's pretty close when comparing the excitement. As for the nerves of making sure everything in order and making sure you show up on time, I have yet to find anything that reminds me of that. We hadn't told TK that daddy was coming home that day to try and surprise him. When we showed up at the show, the kid was so excited to see all the other kids that he wouldn't come outside so he could see shane walking up. When he did end up walking out with M and I, his reaction was of confusion. He just looked up and said "It's daddy" as if he'd seen him earlier that morning and he wanted to just go play with his friends. After a minute or so, it all clicked and he was funny as he just kept talking to shane and telling him about everything. M just kind of looked at shane, "whose the goofy bastard in the hawiian shirt and why is he smiling at me." I was very happy he was there and shed a few tears. Of course not to many because I hate crying in front of people. You would think come 4 deployments later that I would be used to the feelings of him leaving and coming back enough to cry in front of people. I can tell you that the feelings are still the same 4 deployments later and I'm sure if we get up to, lets say 20 deployments, I'll still have the exact same feelings.
Okay, now that we have shane home... It's M's 1st Birthday!!!! I'm so glad shane came home just in time. We did an Alice in Wonderland theme party. It went over well, although the photog for the day (shane) sucked. He is fired for sure. M really enjoyed her cake and all her new toys. Her favorite has to be the baby stroller and baby doll. I made her a tutu and two bows for her to wear. She was very cute to say the least. Unfortunately that night TK ended up getting sick from all the good food that was around.
February~
We went to Germany!!! We drove all the way there and back. Oh do I wish we could go again. The KMC (bx/px) was HUGE! We spent a few days in and out of there. The kids got a lot of new clothes as they had a large sales rack. lol I finally had the delicious Doner Kebab shane had been raving about since his trip to germany the year prior. It was de vine and mouth is watering just thinking about it. The English do not know how to make Doner Kebabs, let alone ones that taste good. Germany was definitely a wonderful family trip and I can't wait to do it again.
March~
We went to London!! Shane had to work for the weekend in England (Hilary Clinton) so we hopped in the car and bunked in his room. We stayed in the Grosvenor House on Park Lane right outside of Hyde Park. We did the Original bus tour to see all the sites. We had to stop at the Palace since we didn't stop there the last time the kids and I were there. Shane just wanted to stay on the bus as he had to be back to work later that night and didn't want to be late, so for the rest of the tour, we stayed aboard. It was nice to see everything. A lot of places had been graffitied that weekend before when the people rioted in the streets of london over Lybia. It was sad to see some beautiful buildings and architecture destroyed because of stupid people trying to make a point. I'm all for voicing your opinion, but destroying stuff isn't going to get you anywhere. Anyways. We ate our last dinner in London at the Hard Rock Cafe. My hamburger was delicious!! Best I've had, especially living here. Later that week we ate a place that could put the Waffle House to shame. They had waffles with ice cream and waffle dogs. The mustard on my waffle dog actually burned my nose. Don't ask me how, but it was that fresh and good.
April~
The very first weekend we participated in the Annual Phil Myers memorial 5k run. Phil was stationed here at the EOD Lakenheath shop when he deployed to afghanistan and died. His wife and kids are amazing and we were honored to be a part of the event. I posted a few pictures on FB (you can also see the previous months pictures there.). I was going to walk with the kids and a few of the preggers, but TK wanted to try and keep up with shane. We held out for a good bit until we came into the wind. When shane finished he came back to finish with us. :) The turnout was amazing and I'm looking forward to next years run. Maybe I'll actually run instead of jog/walk. But we'll see because I'll still have the kids to rein in.
Also this month, as you should know, I celebrated my 25th Birthday. Shane was great and tried his hardest to throw a surprise party for me. I found him out a few days prior and just kept that to myself until the night after the party. It was great!
Easter.... We celebrated Easter as a family yesterday. The kids loved all their candy, clothes and small toys that the Easter Bunny brought them. I'll try and post some pictures.
So that is the run down of the last few months. It's been gorgeous here that last few weeks and we've actually got some sun. We've gone to the beach, played in the back yard and even planted some flowers. I've done some spring cleaning here and there around the house. I've been looking for things to organize things around the house as well as decorations. We might be going to Florida for the EOD ball, but the AF might have other plans for us. Hopefully we can still make it as are plan was to fly Deborah in so that she could FINALLY meet M and get to see TK and us. I dont know what we are going to do if we can't go. :( So sad!! We were also excited to see the Farley clan and their new addition Grace. sigh The life of a military family, you make plans, but that doesn't mean you'll get to execute them! But with that said, I still love the life we have in the military and all it does provide for us. I mean, this week we'll be in England for the Royal Wedding. How amazing is that?! And next year, the Olympics. Again, all because we are in the military and this is where they dropped us off. :)






November and December~
The kids and I came home from our long trip in the states. Although the guys here had my cars ready for us when we arrived, the cars decided they weren't happy with the long wait of not being used. We had to buy a new battery for the highlander. After 3 or 4 trips to the store we finally got the right size. Why did it take that many trips? Well the didn't have the actual battery for my car, but had several others that were recommended. To make this task even more fun, the registration on the car had expired, so i couldn't drive the car onto base to where the store was so they could get the right one in the first go around. I had to grab one, drive home, put it in the car. It took 3-4 trips. I also had an adventure trying to get the registration for the car, but I wont go into that. lol Once I got the highland all set up, I parked the jag, for a day. One of the guys asked to borrow the jag and I was going to let him. That was until he got in and the Jag would not start. Yup, perfect timing I would have to say.
As for the holidays.... The day we arrived back in England, the Squadron had a thanksgiving feast. We stopped by and had some grub. 1. so we wouldn't go home and fall asleep. We had arrived at 8am that day. 2. Being gone from home, the food in the pantry kind of goes bad. So, we had a free meal and I didn't have to run to the commissary to get us some food for a day. :) I'm trying for the life of me to remember what we did for thanksgiving. I do know that I did not get enough turkey this year to quench the Turkey cravings. December was pretty busy with some parties. We had the squadron party, the shop party and then a little christmas eve dinner. I disliked having christmas without shane, but we managed. We spread the gift opening through out the whole day so we could celebrate with the family back in the states. That was really hard for Tristin and I'm so proud of him. We did get to talk to shaner so that was very nice. We had dinner at one of the family's house. The kids enjoyed themselves as did I :).
January~
This was the last stretch before Shane came home. TK went back to school. They sure did miss him and he was more then thrilled to be back. I think more so because he got to see kayhl and the twins. :) We had a few of our guys deploying and a few families leaving. We were quite busy the few weeks before shane got home. The day shane came home was, well unless you've been through the whole "homecoming" it's hard to explain how that day really feels. I think I could compare it to a kid on Christmas Eve. Yeah I think that's pretty close when comparing the excitement. As for the nerves of making sure everything in order and making sure you show up on time, I have yet to find anything that reminds me of that. We hadn't told TK that daddy was coming home that day to try and surprise him. When we showed up at the show, the kid was so excited to see all the other kids that he wouldn't come outside so he could see shane walking up. When he did end up walking out with M and I, his reaction was of confusion. He just looked up and said "It's daddy" as if he'd seen him earlier that morning and he wanted to just go play with his friends. After a minute or so, it all clicked and he was funny as he just kept talking to shane and telling him about everything. M just kind of looked at shane, "whose the goofy bastard in the hawiian shirt and why is he smiling at me." I was very happy he was there and shed a few tears. Of course not to many because I hate crying in front of people. You would think come 4 deployments later that I would be used to the feelings of him leaving and coming back enough to cry in front of people. I can tell you that the feelings are still the same 4 deployments later and I'm sure if we get up to, lets say 20 deployments, I'll still have the exact same feelings.
Okay, now that we have shane home... It's M's 1st Birthday!!!! I'm so glad shane came home just in time. We did an Alice in Wonderland theme party. It went over well, although the photog for the day (shane) sucked. He is fired for sure. M really enjoyed her cake and all her new toys. Her favorite has to be the baby stroller and baby doll. I made her a tutu and two bows for her to wear. She was very cute to say the least. Unfortunately that night TK ended up getting sick from all the good food that was around.
February~
We went to Germany!!! We drove all the way there and back. Oh do I wish we could go again. The KMC (bx/px) was HUGE! We spent a few days in and out of there. The kids got a lot of new clothes as they had a large sales rack. lol I finally had the delicious Doner Kebab shane had been raving about since his trip to germany the year prior. It was de vine and mouth is watering just thinking about it. The English do not know how to make Doner Kebabs, let alone ones that taste good. Germany was definitely a wonderful family trip and I can't wait to do it again.
March~
We went to London!! Shane had to work for the weekend in England (Hilary Clinton) so we hopped in the car and bunked in his room. We stayed in the Grosvenor House on Park Lane right outside of Hyde Park. We did the Original bus tour to see all the sites. We had to stop at the Palace since we didn't stop there the last time the kids and I were there. Shane just wanted to stay on the bus as he had to be back to work later that night and didn't want to be late, so for the rest of the tour, we stayed aboard. It was nice to see everything. A lot of places had been graffitied that weekend before when the people rioted in the streets of london over Lybia. It was sad to see some beautiful buildings and architecture destroyed because of stupid people trying to make a point. I'm all for voicing your opinion, but destroying stuff isn't going to get you anywhere. Anyways. We ate our last dinner in London at the Hard Rock Cafe. My hamburger was delicious!! Best I've had, especially living here. Later that week we ate a place that could put the Waffle House to shame. They had waffles with ice cream and waffle dogs. The mustard on my waffle dog actually burned my nose. Don't ask me how, but it was that fresh and good.
April~
The very first weekend we participated in the Annual Phil Myers memorial 5k run. Phil was stationed here at the EOD Lakenheath shop when he deployed to afghanistan and died. His wife and kids are amazing and we were honored to be a part of the event. I posted a few pictures on FB (you can also see the previous months pictures there.). I was going to walk with the kids and a few of the preggers, but TK wanted to try and keep up with shane. We held out for a good bit until we came into the wind. When shane finished he came back to finish with us. :) The turnout was amazing and I'm looking forward to next years run. Maybe I'll actually run instead of jog/walk. But we'll see because I'll still have the kids to rein in.
Also this month, as you should know, I celebrated my 25th Birthday. Shane was great and tried his hardest to throw a surprise party for me. I found him out a few days prior and just kept that to myself until the night after the party. It was great!
Easter.... We celebrated Easter as a family yesterday. The kids loved all their candy, clothes and small toys that the Easter Bunny brought them. I'll try and post some pictures.
So that is the run down of the last few months. It's been gorgeous here that last few weeks and we've actually got some sun. We've gone to the beach, played in the back yard and even planted some flowers. I've done some spring cleaning here and there around the house. I've been looking for things to organize things around the house as well as decorations. We might be going to Florida for the EOD ball, but the AF might have other plans for us. Hopefully we can still make it as are plan was to fly Deborah in so that she could FINALLY meet M and get to see TK and us. I dont know what we are going to do if we can't go. :( So sad!! We were also excited to see the Farley clan and their new addition Grace. sigh The life of a military family, you make plans, but that doesn't mean you'll get to execute them! But with that said, I still love the life we have in the military and all it does provide for us. I mean, this week we'll be in England for the Royal Wedding. How amazing is that?! And next year, the Olympics. Again, all because we are in the military and this is where they dropped us off. :)

Comments
Post a Comment